11.8.09

Bier!

So we are now on our second brew, and of course we have to start out strong and have jumped right in on making a hefeweizen. Yum! We have heard that hefs are really hard, but we will see. Maybe people who say that just suck at making them. :P

It was fun to see the difference between making our amber and our hef. With the hef you have to add a bunch of yeast and stir it in. Of course that was my job, being the wonderful mix master of the house. Also, we didn't use our airlock we used a blow off tube since our yeast is really active. That basically means we stuck a tube in the top and put the other end into a water bottle to ease the pressure. It also has been letting out yeast. It's fun to go in the closet and watch it. It even smells like beer. I am really excited to taste it. Hefs sind die besten!

That reminds me. Next week, (that came quickly) Dan and I start German class. I know it's only German 1 but I am still really excited. I can freshen up on my German and help him with his pronunciation... sorry baby, but you need a little help with that. Knowing Dan he will learn so quickly but this time next year he will be ready to take our trip to Germany and speak not a word of English! How fun would that be?!

Well time to head off and go to the pub to hear about Jim's adventures in Eastern Europe. Jeez! I can't get away from Europe even if I wanted to!!

...which I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment