31.5.13

LA Galaxy!

We finally made it to a Galaxy game, and it just happened to go hand in hand with Dan's birthday weekend. Double awesome.

Our first American football game, and second game in total. It was very different than when we saw a game in Berlin. It was very fun, but there was no practical public transportation and the beers were $11!! For corona!!! Terrible. In Berlin they were about €5 and good. The food was more diverse and cheaper as well.

I automatically learned a lesson, before the game even started. Bring food, BBQ yourself, and drink your fill before hand. Sheeh. The fact that people actually buy anything at these places is crazy.

Well anyway, we ended up getting a beer (I mean, you gotta!) after a lot of resistance and found our seats.

Of course we got the seats with a pole right in Dan's view, so we moved once it kicked off and people seemed to be settled. We moved back a bit, but were able to be in a spot where no one was in front of us and I'd say it was a better view than our original seats.

With any American game, they started with the national anthem. And oh my goodness, most awkward anthem ever. The singer was great, but I screamed and jumped about a foot when, at the part "with bombs bursting in air" they shot off fireworks. I'm serious! In the middle of our national anthem they scared half the people there and distracted the entire crowd away from the patriotic moment to watch sparklers. Pretty random. I'm used to this kind of thing after the anthem. But when was the last time I went to a game anyway? 

The game itself was enjoyable. It lasted longer than the Germany-Sweden game, maybe because we'd been to a game before or possibly because this game was not as epic in the sense that it was our first game, in Berlin, seeing my favorite players on the planet, and we were on our honeymoon. :] 

Galaxy did pretty well (even though they lost) and we got a Donovan bobble head! There were a few good moments. Donovan got a penalty kick (but missed) and one of the Huston players went down for a bit, giving me a few good shots and a +4 overtime. And of course, it rained. Well, sprinkled. But still! How awesome is that? Totally unexpected for Los Angeles and luckily we were under the overhang because there's no way we were prepared for that. 

I don't see us buying season tickets (yet) and I will need to remember to not buy merch there. The Internet is your friend kids. Preferably park outside the lot (traffic was a nightmare) and come with no desire to buy a beer a.k.a. drink one before the game.

I think I will bring my zoom lens next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment