8.6.13

RenFaire!

Huzzah for the drunkard!


We were very lucky to find out about the RenFaire this year. For some reason Dan and I had it in our heads that we had gone last fall, but our friends told us that it was actually going on in Spring, and the last weekend was coming up! Oh nos!

We decided to meet them there and oh me oh my. We had fun. :)


RenFaires are not known for being vegan friendly, but I didn't realize how bad it was (foodwise). I ended up with a handful of roasted garlic cloves as my lunch. It may have something to do with why the day ended so soon for me. ;]

Brian and Alicia were kind enough to show us the true RenFaire. Now, I love RenFaires and I try to go just about every year, but this was my first year at the special wagon. Ha. Some of you may know what I speak of.

Let's just say I went on the Pony Ride. It was vegan friendly, it was good. I forgot some of it.

**Spolier**

The Pony Ride is a frakking amazing drink. I believe it was just a glass of cider, maybe fruit flavored?? Filled to the brim. But wait, it gets better. The lovely lass in the cart was kind enough to tell me to suck as she poured port into my glass forcing me to chug as to not spill a drop. And of course I didn't. I mean, I was paying after all.

I believe I had.. three? Maybe four. I don't remember. Ha. I do remember getting a free one because I took Dan's Pony Ride when he wasn't paying attention and when he complained, the bartender made him one too. We tipped well.

We followed up our Pony Rides with a bit of wandering, shooting crossbows (I hit the target!), and my favorite, shooting short bows. I took longbow in college, so I always love getting the chance to shoot. I wasn't very good this year.

We wandered some more and Brian bought a sword. Apparently I was swinging it around like an imbecile and then proceeded to pass out on the ride home.

Phew.

I'm ready for next year!






No comments:

Post a Comment