6.3.13

vegan

I am a vegan.

Holy moly, what a statement. I have been a vegetarian for 9 years, and what a better way to bring in my 10th year by going vegan. Now, this isn't really a new thing for me. I was vegan for about a year in college, but lost sight of my convictions and let peer-pressure and laziness take over. That followed with the years of, "I shouldn't eat dairy because I'm lactose intolerant, but I couldn't give up cheese!" argument. I even reached the point where I started to think eggs were good again. The last straw was that I started buying "humane" and "healthy" bacon for my husband, and cooking it myself. I don't know what came over me. But not anymore! A weight has been lifted off my shoulders, my soul has been cleansed, and I am relieved. Why?

I am a vegan.

No comments:

Post a Comment